How Do I Add a Family Member to Ayushman (PMJAY)
The Indian government has introduced the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) healthcare program. It intends to give families that are struggling financially access to health insurance. Eligible beneficiaries of this program may receive medical care at hospitals that have been appointed.
This post will walk you through the process of adding a family member to your account if you are already an Ayushman Bharat Yojana recipient.
The process to Add a Family Member to Ayushman Bharat Yojana
You must do the following actions in order to add a family member to your Ayushman Bharat Yojana account:
- Visit the nearest Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana empaneled hospital or health center. Click Here
- Ask for the PMJAY kiosk or Ayushman Mitra desk.
- Provide your Ayushman Bharat Yojana ID card and your Aadhaar card.
- Inform the Ayushman Mitra executive that you want to add a family member to your account.
- Provide the Aadhaar card and details of the family member you want to add to the account.
- The Ayushman Mitra executive will verify the details provided and check if the family member is eligible for the scheme.
- Once the verification is complete, the family member will be added to your Ayushman Bharat Yojana account.
Documents Required to Add a Family Member to Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Your Ayushman Bharat Yojana ID card.
- Your Aadhaar card.
- The Aadhaar card of the family member you want to add.
- Any other document that proves your relationship with the family member.
Benefits of Adding a Family Member to Ayushman Bharat Yojana
By adding a relative to your Ayushman Bharat Yojana account, you can make sure they have access to high-quality medical care without being concerned about the cost. The program offers financial security of up to Rs. 5 lakhs per family each year and covers a wide range of medical procedures, including treatments for urgent conditions. You can extend the plan’s advantages to your loved ones and ensure their health and well-being by adding a family member.